Over 140 passionate volunteers are helping their communities grow local food, passing on skills and enthusiasm.
Every food growing conversation counts – at events, talks, stalls, and other innovate routes.
We’re as proud of over 350 mentored households receiving regular advice from Master Gardeners, whether for home, office windowsill, allotment or community garden.
It’s very exciting. Please read the highlights below.
Click to read report highlights…
- Warwickshire residents grow their own
- Another 700 people growing their own in Islington
- It’s green-thumbs up for Master Gardeners in south London
- 850 people engaged by Norfolk Master Gardeners in three months
Just the numbers
144 volunteers recruited, trained and supported
(nearly 95% retention)
366 households mentored to grow food by volunteers
(with 850 residents; one third under 16)
8760 people spoken to about food growing
(includes 124 community events)
Inspiring stories behind the numbers
- Recruit brand new volunteers in programme areas
- Deliver extra training with topics requested by existing Master Gardeners
- Look for new households to mentor and dates for community outreach
- Continue our one-to-one volunteer support and improve the programme – please contact with ideas
We’re looking to start Master Gardener programmes in your area with new local partners and funders, tailored to local needs. Please read our future areas page.