Garden Organic is amazed and grateful.
Our keen Master Gardeners have donated over 10,000 hours since May 2010. Many, many thanks.
All these hours have helped people and communities grow their own fruit and veg in Warwickshire, Norfolk, and central London boroughs; our Local Food funded networks.
We’re just as stunned in Lincolnshire with our NHS partners – nearly 800 hours since March 2011!
Local Food networks: May 2010 to Feb 2012
- 10,312 recorded volunteer hours helping people grow fruit and veg
- 84% (259) of trained Master Gardeners volunteering
- 2,822 people in 1,298 mentored households (907 under 16) receiving food growing advice and support from their local volunteer
- 30,037 food growing conversations. Each one counts
- 380 community groups/events supported
Lincolnshire: March 2011 to March 2012
- 737 recorded volunteer hours
- 100% (67) volunteer retention
- 339 people in 94 mentored households (77 under 16)
- 3,871 food growing conversations
- 39 Master Gardeners helping new community gardens
- 17 local events supported
Behind the numbers: case studies
Welcome to our new volunteers. We’ve nearly finished training almost 100 lovely new Master Gardeners in all networks – and they’re looking for people to help grow food. Click here
We’re now looking for funding partners to help us continue and expand the impact of this programme in 2013 and beyond in new and specialist areas. Please click here to read more about future areas.
Read more about Garden Organic here.
With many thanks,
Master Gardener Programme, Garden Organic