Garden Organic is delighted to publish the two-year achievements of our Master Gardener pilots networks.
The unsettled weather this spring hasn’t put off over three hundred active volunteers helping people grow and share local fruit and veg.
Master Gardener networks: May 2010 to May 2012
- 12,016 hours by 319 active Master Gardeners.
- 34,875 food-growing conversations at events, schools and local innovations.
- 3,401 people regularly mentored to grow food in over 1,500 households and groups.
- 439 community events supported
Behind the numbers
- Research by Coventry University shows lasting behavioural change on beneficiaries - health, social and environmental benefits. Details coming soon…
- Every volunteer supported by Garden Organic’s locally based co-ordinators
- Frequent, custom training to share learning and link local groups.
- High profile press, eg BBC, Grow Your Own, London 2012 Local Leaders
Find out more
- Case studies – please click here
- Inspiring photos – visit our Flickr collection
- Nearly 100 new Master Gardeners in spring 2012
- Large events for volunteers and their mentored households to celebrate food growing
- Largest ever National Masters Conference at Garden Organic’s Ryton Gardens on 30th June 2012.
- Exciting events in North London, South London, Warwickshire, and Norfolk
Lincolnshire network supported by NHS
We’re looking for funding partners to help us continue and expand the impact of this programme in 2013 and beyond in new and specialist areas. Please click here to read more about future areas.
Would you like to support the work of the UK’s leading organic growing charity, Garden Organic, by joining as member? Please click here.
Very best wishes
Master Gardener Programme, Garden Organic